Friday, October 25, 2013

SCARFMANIA



Our local yarn shop has closed for good. It took all summer to happen, but I am just now going into yarn withdrawal. I fantasize about driving halfway across the state to a big city with a yarn shop. I go up into the attic, where my stash is, and get balls of yarn out and caress them. I even went to our local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft store and looked at trendy acrylic yarns and the very popular frilly scarf yarns. OK, so I couldn't pass them up. I have never tried one of the new ruffle yarns, so I picked up a few (very inexpensive) and gave them a whirl. Once I figured out the technique required, I found I could knit one of these scarves in four hours or less. One (#7) took only five minutes! (The latter reminded me of my mother's cooking style in the 1960's: go right for the finish line!)

From left to right above we have:
1. Red Heart Boutique Trio Trifecta scarf
2. Lion Brand Imagine, Rotini scarf
3. Starbella flash
4. Red Heart Boutique Sashay
5. Red Heart Boutique Filigree
6. Red Heart Boutique Sashay metallic
7. Lion Brand Imagine, ball band directions (as simple as turning a sleeve inside out)


OK, I'm over it for now.

CLICK HERE TO SHOP LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment