Thursday, January 6, 2011

BRAIDED CABLE HAT


Some years ago I discovered this wonderful braided cable stitch, and designed a sweater around it. It didn't take me long to figure out that the resulting fabric was way too thick, tight, and warm for a sweater, and I realized I probably wouldn't be able to bend my arms! Back to the drawing board! It turned out to work much better as a warm, bombproof hat, so I made one for my niece. She liked it a lot, and hammed up for the camera with her horse in this pose.

The pattern was published in Knitnet internet magazine, in November 2001. Since then Knitnet has gone down the tubes of the recession. I am pleased to be able to offer this popular pattern once again on Ravelry. The link is HERE.

CLICK HERE TO SHOP

1 comment:

  1. I need to make this. I know I have the pattern somewhere...

    ReplyDelete