Saturday, January 26, 2013

SOCK YARN KEEPERS QUILT



After at least fifteen years of making socks, I have FINALLY discovered a wonderful pattern to use up my huge bin of sock remnant yarns. Some of these go back a long time. Some were even the result of my first yarn-dyeing experiments with Kool-aid dyes. I'm going to make the Beekeeper's Quilt. Here are my first three "Hexipuffs":


I love the memories that come back to me as I pull out the yarns from socks made long ago. In a small way the socks that I make are like my children, and the hexipuffs are like photographs! It's like going through the baby albums-- lots of "aaawwwww" moments!


CLICK HERE TO SHOP LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

4 comments:

  1. We are producing 100% cotton yarn of several counts ranging from 10/s up to 40/s for knitting and weaving.
    yarn exporter in Pakistan
    standard textile Mills Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are offering Cotton Waste in the international markets that is obtained from superior grade cotton material.

    yarn exporter in Pakistan
    100% cotton yarn exporter in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are offering Cotton Waste in the international markets that is obtained from superior grade cotton material.

    yarn exporter in Pakistan
    100% cotton yarn exporter in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete